Dublin Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1912 to protect lives and property in Dublin, Virginia.
In January of 1914 the Dublin Volunteer Fire Department was a “Full Organization To Protect Property – Other Items Of New And Personals From Dublin”. This is how a newspaper article from the Southwest Times and News-Review reported the finalization of the organization of the Dublin Fire Department.
The final organization of the “fire company” follows the installation of the system of water works. The membership of the department was up into the sixties. At his time the town purchased 1,00 feet of hose and nozzles. The chemical engine that the town owned was in good shape and the hose and reel “Hose Cart” were still in use.
Mr. L. T. Dudley was elected as the first Fire Chief and Mr. E. G. Ratcliffe was elected as Captain. Howe Smith, Shade Collier, E. W. Smith and J. C. Collier were also elected as Lieutenants or First Hosemen.
Currently the Dublin Volunteer Fire Department covers 88 square miles including the Town of Dublin and portions of Pulaski County. We currently operated with the following equipment:
Brush 2, Ladder 2, Rescue Engine 2, tanker 2, Chief 2, Response 2 and Support 2
We have a dedicated group of men and women that strive to provide the highest levels of service to the community.
Dublin Volunteer Fire Department is proudly also known as Company 2.